"University of Lagos here I come!!!!" Those were my exact word after writing  my last paper in NECO. The thought of  entering University was continually on my mind. I had plans of what I will do with the freedom that I would finally get. Unilag had always been my dream university because I had heard stories about how it was the happening school and I definitely wanted to be associated with this trend. "Man must not carry last!"  I told myself. With a minimum of B2 in my WAEC, an average score of 230 in my Jamb and 15 in post-Utme, I was so certain that my name would come out on the Merit List. First list came out and my caps had not changed. Second list came out and my caps was still in the same position. My heart sank. "What will my friends say?", " what will church members say?", "How will I explain this whole situation to people?". "Supplementary list is not yet out na!!" I consoled myself. Behold! Supplementary list came out and my caps was still the same " not admitted ". 

" but what did I do wrong? I passed the cut off mark and yet I was not admitted " I said while weeping.
My one year at home was not pleasant at all but I was very determined to get into Unilag no matter what it took. When the next year's Jamb result came out I got 280. 

 "Now lemme see how I will not be admitted" I rejoiced
Lying on my bed with my right fingers firmly gripping my cell phone to my ear, I patiently listened to Ade who told me he had gist  for me.

 " Are you aware that University of Lagos admission list is out on jamb website? "Ade said.
I quickly disconnected the call without any notice and instantly clicked the jamb website on Chrome. I could feel my heart pumping blood profusely. I was in a pool of my own sweat as I typed in my registration number praying fervently in my heart that I would be among the few to be selected. When it came up and I saw "You have been given....." I didn't bother completing it. I jumped and screamed like a toddler.

I was officially and Akokite!!

Click this link below to join our ongoing Holiday Bible Study Group chat.

1 comments so far,Add yours