I discovered this movement really early because I am an adept follower of Nathaniel Bassey (Pastor Nath.), in fact I even knew about the challenge of the previous month (Tongue Challenge). 

So, in case you still don’t know, the #hallelujahchallenge is a movement inspired by the Holy Spirit to praise and worship from 12AM-1AM every morning through the month of June. 

It kicked off and we had 3000 live worshippers join Pastor Nath. on Instagram, it didn’t stay that way for long; soon we had 50K and then 62K worshippers which is a truly phenomenal feat.

I discovered early too that with its sudden popularity criticism would also sound loudly, however, Christianity has never been exactly critic – free.

I was somewhere recently, at a hangout and this issue came up again, this time the critics claimed Pastor Nath. was only promoting his album and his new song (Olowogbogboro) and he presented proof that seeing the massive turn-up Instagram verified pastor Nath. and his followership increased from about 144K to 490K and spoke on for long about how it is a publicity stunt and what not. That’s not the last of it, some came out to rant about how we should be doing ‘other stuff’ to help our corrupt society and all that talk you and I already know about.



Midnight came again today and I joined Pastor Nath, this time we praised God, it was pure and it was true, born out of the leading of the Spirit, I was very sure Pastor Nath. couldn’t care less if we were 200 or 200K, that’s what these guys won’t eventually understand;
it’s not your data,
It’s not your Phone,
It’s not your Instagram
It’s not even your 12AM,
It’s not your staying awake sef,
It’s not your worship,
And it’s not your Tongues.
We couldn’t care less, Christianity has been acutely focused on and heavily criticized since its beginning, good thing our Lord warned us. 
We’re not Christians because we’re perfect, we are Christians because by Grace we are chasing perfection in Christ.
Definitely, you should expect the usual trick from Satan, “the poisoning of hearts”. 
It felt awkward to see the very figureheads of immoral content fill my wall with comments of praise to God, it even felt to me like hypocrisy, then I began to think they were using this platform for PR, and I was mad, so I stopped looking at the live comments. 
I realized soon after, you may never truly tell why a man does what he does;
Its none of my business if a celebrity decides to spam or genuinely worship,
It’s none of my business announcing how much we’re increasing daily
It’s none of my business if some take it as a pastime or a social event,
It’s none of my business if some only join in because it’s the new most popular ‘slay queen’ or ‘pepper dem gang’ activity for the month,
It’s none of my business what anyone thinks, we know Nigerians tend to be lazy and dump all of the responsibility given to them on God but this isn’t one of those movements. We know religion is more social than spiritual these days in the world, but then we can’t get tired of telling y’all; JESUS didn’t come to establish a religion, he came to give us the Life of the Godhead.

And so Ladies and Gentlemen, with all due respect we wish to let you know…. we’ll only get louder with our Life!

This Earth will be filled with the knowledge of the glory of his Kingdom, we’re not stopping anytime soon.
Oh, and one last thing, Pastor Nath. will host the Hallelujah Festival on the 28th of the Month, I’m inviting you now, it’d be awesome trust me. 


Don’t worry about data, Etisalat has a plan for night browsing at 200NGN and MTN has one too for like 25NGN.

See you at 12AM.😂😂😂

1 comments so far,Add yours